Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am going Rosette Crazy!



So, with many other demonstrators out there, I am going simply crazy for Rosettes! When my upline Anne decided to do a large one on its own for a workshop, I knew I had to do it too! So, for my Hostess Club meeting, I pulled out my new Simply Scored and our gorgeous new Spice Cake DSP from the new Holiday Mini!

These larger rosettes are made just like the smaller ones that I gave details about in my last post about the Domestic Goddess DSP wreath, with a few variations.

So first thing, you need to cut two strips of 3 1/2" DSP. Then along the long side, score at 1/2" in. Fold over and tape down. This is how the outer edge of the rosette is a different print, its the backside!  Then you want to have 1/4" folds, so starting at 1/4", score every 1/2" (at 1/4", 3/4", 1 1/4", etc. ) on one side, then flip over and starting at 1/2", score every 1/2" again. Once both strips are scored, fold away! Tape the ends together to form a circle. I then cut a 2 1/2" circle using our punch with Crumb Cake paper, and instead of using hot glue, I used a large 3d glue dot. You know, the goober ones? With a little extra tape and push your rosette down onto it. Works great!  The hard part is now over!! I then punched out of Crumb Cake CS, a large scallop. I then used the new set, Gently Falling, also from the new mini, and used the outline stamps and Early Espresso ink to stamp a leaf, a whirly seed  pod, and an acorn. Then I used Pool Party ink, and stamped over the leave outline with the fill in leaf. I made the tag with Pool Party CS, and Early Espresso ink. I used this Laughter saying from Word Play stamp set, and another whirly seed pod. I cut out the tag by cutting a strip of paper to about 1 3/8 wide, and feeding half of it into my large tag punch. That way the top is still cut like the tag, but it is longer (pull the bottom of the paper up through the punch so that only the top cuts) I used some of our hemp twine with the new Large Buttons, again, from the mini,  and tied the tag to the button. I glued it all together using another goober glue dot!!  Hope you enjoy and have fun with the Simply Scored!!!

Fold On!
Jean

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the directions! I'll be practicing on old retired dsp until I get this down pat!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely gorgeous! I love it and love your directions, including the goober dots - love the 3D glue dots!

    ReplyDelete