Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Pockets, Scratchin', and Sniffin'!!

Sounds weird huh? Well they come out to be two pretty neat cards! The first card is one that my wonderful upline Anne did for a workshop. She changed it from a pocket card in the new Idea Book and Catalog. I then altered it a bit since I didn't have the same ribbon or embossing folder.

The card stock used is Very Vanilla, cut to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2", the measurements of our envelopes. Then you need to seal a Very Vanilla envelope. Then trim off the side so that it opens on the side. Turn it so that it goes the long way, and through the new opening cut out a 1/2 circle using the 2 1/2" circle punch, but only on the front side of the envelope. Then run through the Big Shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder. We then cut out the large flower from the Fun Flowers die using Spice Cake DSP, and the daisy looking flower from the Blossom Party die using Very Vanilla. We layers them then poked a hole in the middle using the paper piercer and put a Vintage brad through it. Punch a small hole in the top of the cut piece of Very Vanilla CS and tie a ribbon through. We used half a strip of striped cross grain. I used Chocolate chip, a retired color, but Anne used Early Espresso. Then slide the card stock into the envelope pocket. Put a large glue dot on the back of the flower and position it in the 1/2 circle space so the glue dot doesn't touch the envelope, but keeps the flower on the outside of the envelope, while actually being attached to the card stock!  Hence pocket card! The card slides into the envelope pocket!  I then used some new Dazzling Details to add some bling!

So my next card is a scratch n' sniff card. I did a pretty popular summer card, the popsicle card. I have seen many variations on this. I used Real Red and Pool Party for mine. I also did my scallop circle larger then a lot I have seen because I wanted to use the Cherries from the Button Buddies set. So the first thing is the card is cut to 4x 5 1/2  then scored down the middle. I then rounded the corners and used a scallop circle to put the "bite" in.  The bite is on both sides. I punched one side, lined them up then punched the other. DONT punch both at the same time, it won't work!  I dabbed my cherry stamp into Versamark, covering only the cherries. I then used Garden green marker to color the stem. Stamp it onto a piece of Whisper White. Cover the cherries with a mixture of 1/2 sugar free cherry drink mix (like Sugar free kool aide or something like that), and slightly more then 1/2 clear embossing powder. I have a little scoop I use, and I did 1 1/4 scoop of embossing powder and 1 scoop drink mix.  Cover the cherries, tap off the extra, and then heat with the heat gun until it looks glossy. Cut the cherry out using the large scallop circle punch. Then glue it to a 2 1/2 punched circle of Pool Party. I used dimensionals  to attach to the card.  Now scratch the cherries and you will smell cherry!

Hope you enjoy!!
Craft on!!!
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment