Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Can't wear this onsie!

For my September Stamp Camp, our theme was Fall and Babies! It seems like everyone I know is having a baby this fall! So I thought how nice it would be to do a baby card. I LOVE Onsies. I think they are just the epitome of babies. And I love our new Button Buddies stamp set! I used the Button Buddies set for the pacifier and used Subtle Buttons with Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder ink. The bear and blocks came from the Little Additions stamp set, with Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, and Wisteria Wonder inks.  The first thing I did was searched the net for other peoples templates. Why reinvent the wheel right? Well I found a billion of them! So, I looked at what was easiest, and which ones I saw the most. So here are the easiest instructions I found!  1. Cut out your paper (I used the Nursery Nest DSP) to 4 1/4 by 11", then score at 5 1/2". Fold in half. 2. Measure down from the fold on both sides and make a mark at the 1 3/4" point. Then from those marks, measure in 3/4". Cut in to the 3/4", then down diagonally to the corner. This gives the shape of the onsie. I used my paper cutter to do the diagonal cut, then paper snips to cut the straight part in (armpit part). 3. Use your 1 3/4" circle punch to cut out the neck hole, then at the bottom corners for each leg hole.  Since I used DSP, these punch will cut through both sides at the same time. Using card stock liked hat is not so much fun, as it doesn't usually go through cleanly.  To make the ruffles in the arm and leg sections, I punched a 1 3/4" circle in Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder paper, then used my large Scallop Circle punch and centered the hole in the middle of the scallop circle punch and punched. This gives you a ruffle that will perfectly fit the holes! I was able to use to circles for one card.  My middle section I cut a strip of paper about 2 inches wide and used the scallop trim border punch on both sides. I glued it to the card and trimmed off the extra. Stamp away and TaDa!!

Hope you enjoy! More to come later today..
Craft On!!

No comments:

Post a Comment