Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fathers, Hope, and some Bling!

 I know its about time right! I posted these on Stampin Connection awhile ago and just haven't gotten to posting them here! I created these for my May 28th camp. Wow was it crazy! There were 11 fabulous ladies! We had tons of fun but it was quite hectic.

So our first card is for Fathers Day! I used Versamark, the splotch stamp from French Foliage (but others used just a Versamark  marker to make dots and splotches by hand) and black embossing powder, then used the heat gun to emboss. The colors I used were Not Quite Navy and Basic Gray I used aluminum foil, the big shot, and the diamond Impression Plate to make the one side of the swing card, then crumbled up a piece of Basic Gray and sponged it a little with matching ink for the other side.
 I got my swing card instructions from splitcoaststampers.com.

For my Hope card I used Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Pink Pirouette. I used the Mother of Pearl technique for the butterfly, H Hope, and side Vanilla piece. It is so easy! You just scrunch up some plastic wrap, dab it in some Frost White Shimmer paint, then dab onto the paper!  I then used some Pink Pirouette ink and sponged it on the butterfly, but its kind of hard to see in the picture. I also roughed up the edges of the middle vanilla piece, but those are hard to see has well.

Our last project was fun and the younger girls loved it! I don't currently have a Crop a dile, so I had to purchase bottle caps with holes already punched in. But you can do these with any bottle caps! I then used the 1 inch punch to punch out some DSP, used a little Crystal effects to stick it to the bottle cap, then covered the inside well with the Crystal effects. I put a pinch of glitter, then gently put a rhinestone on top. I let it dry overnight. Don't put the Crystal Effects too thick or else it won't dry clearly. Then used some seam binding ribbon as the necklace part!

I will be posting some cute bookmarks soon so stay tuned!

Craft on!!
Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment