Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

Here is a super cute card I created for a workshop that I did today for my friend Nickie. Have  I mentioned I love cupcakes?
The colors I used for this card are Whisper White, and all the new In Colors, Wisteria Wonder (the purple), Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party (the light bluish), and Calypso Coral. I love these colors! I also used a bit of our Red Glimmer paper which I am happy happy to say has made it into our new Catty! To make the shape of the card, I cut a 5x10 card, folded it in half, and placed it on the Clear Scalloped Square die for the Big Shot. But when I placed it on the die, I did not put the fold over the edge of the square, instead I sort of had it right underneath where it would cut, that way when I put it through the Big Shot, it only cut on the 3 sides, leaving the fold!  The whisper white piece on the inside and the outside is the same size, 3 3/4 x 3 3/4. I then use my Build a Cupcake punch and cut out one cupcake from each of the 5 In Colors. Then just mix and match pieces, gluing them onto the white piece.  I had some hang off, some sideways, get creative! I used Calypso Coral ink and our Swirls and Curls Summer Mini Hostess Stamp set to stamp Happy Birthday at the bottom. I trimmed off all the cupcakes that were hanging off the white piece. Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the polka dot embossing folder, with the dots popping up. I glued a small washer underneath the embossed cupcake/white piece before I glued it to the card. Then I used Lucky Limeade and the larger scallop circle punch, layerd that with Island Indigo and the 1 3/8 circle punch. I think punched out two more cupcakes for the cupcake in the middle on the circle and scallop circle. I glued a magnet on the back of the middle cupcake piece so that it comes off and is a cute magnet! Thats why it is popping off of the card!

Let me know if you have questions, hope you enjoy!
Craft on!!
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment