Easter is coming early! I am having a workshop at my friend Nikki's house on Feb. 18th. She wanted to do Easter and a Spring/Summer type wreath. So we decided on a basket/egg and the wreath. Then I got to work!
I made this wreath with an 18" grapevine wreath, Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, and Perfect Plum cardstock. I used 3 different flower dies for the Big Shot, Fun Flowers, Flower Folds, and Blossom Party. I also used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I used the Broadsheet Alphabet stamp set to stamp Welcome on a piece of 12"x 1 1/2" cardstock - then because I don't have a corner punch, I used a large circle punch to do the ends (just slide one end in, and the other out through the circle - that way it only cuts one side). Nifty trick I discovered while trying to figure out a way to make the edges look more finished. Then I used a piece of Chantilly Lace ribbon to tie it on. I used hot glue to adhere the flowers to the wreath, but used Snail glue runner for the flowers.
The directions for the egg are in a previous post- but in short it is Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. I used the Boho Blossoms punch, and pinned each flower into a styrofoam egg. Then spritz with Smooch Vanilla Spray, and flattened a little.
For the basket, I used the measurements I found on the internet, a tutorial by Brenda Quintana (http://qbeesquest.blogspot.com/). I chose to change the colors, here I used Certainly Celery and Bashful blue. Then I used the small heart punch and the flower shape from the Itty Bitty Shapes punches, and punched out of Perfect Plum and Rose Red. Pretty simple yet cute!This is a project I made just for me, for my coupons and such. I think I am going to make a smaller version, to go in my purse! This is an accordion box, and I got the measurements from Papermuse Designs (papermuse.wordpress.com). I absolutely love love love the Sewing Suite fabric, paper, stamps, everything! There are just so many cute things in Stampin' Up!'s new Occasions Mini! I will say that the brown cardstock is a retired color - and I am terrible, but I have no idea which one. It is from a stack I got when I wasn't a demonstrator and didn't pay so close attention to colors! The paper is of course, the Sewing Suite DSP. The next couple of pictures show different views. I covered up my magnets with punched out stamps from the Button, Button stamp set!
I find that when I am running short on time - I get aggravated with trying to make things from complete scratch, so I like to look up what I want on the internet. Typically someone has thought up something similar and I can use their measurements and such, if they allow it. Thankfully there are so many wonderful crafters and Stampin' Up! demonstrators that love to share!
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend! I plan on spending mine in the craft room!