Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Stamp Camp

I am really excited for my April Stamp Camp. First, I wasn't able to have my March one, which really was awful because that is my favorite month!
So in Winchester, which is where I work and is right around the corner from where I live, we have a festival every year called Apple Blossom. Its a BIG deal here. We even bring in famous people for Grand Marshals and such. Last year we had Val Kilmer! So this month we are doing an Easter Card, an Easter Treat, and an Apple Blossom flowers pin!
The ADORABLE cupcake bunnies and chick are a CASED item from http://www.simplysimplestamping.com/ 
I loved them so much that I didn't even change much! I really like Pink Pirouette right now, so instead of using the pink she used, I chose the lighter Pink Pirouette. These are super easy because it is just using the Big Shot and the Top Note die and a variety of punches! They are fairly inexpensive as well - especially if you buy the larger packs of cupcakes. I used the Happy Easter sentiment to cover up any of the sell by dates printed on the package.
The flower is like some of the others I have posted, using the Big Shot, Fun Flowers Die, buttons, fabric glue, starch, and a hot iron. Cut out your fabric, spray starch the flowers, then use a hot iron on them. While hot and damp, crinkle them up. Let them dry, then glue together! I love these! I have many different kinds, and I use them for pins and hair bows!

I wish I could say that this is all mine because it is soo cute! I wanted to do another punch card, because they are so fun and easy. And I wanted a bunny card, so I started playing with punches, but at the time I just didn't have the right ones. Its hard to visualize when you don't have the right tools! So I went searching on this great website for Demonstrators. And looky what I found! I changed it up a bit- it was originally a much more flowery and bright card, and the bunny was brown. I wanted to use the Sew Suite Paper shown here because it looks like little radishes! I also wanted to use the Good Egg stamp set. So, looking at her card, which she cased as well, I figured out which punches I needed!

I will post specific punches and such needed for the projects at another time. For now, I have assignments to finish grading!

Craft on!!!
Jean



2 comments:

  1. Very cute Jean!! Love how cupcakes...they are too cute to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Jean! And I wanted to let you know that we've featured your Easter pencil holders today on our Showcase Sisters blog! Have a great day!

    http://showcasesisters.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-paper-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete